Frequently Asked Questions About Flood Insurance
Many of our customers have questions about flood insurance. While this summer’s abundance of rain showers have conveniently cooled down hot temperatures and kept the lawns green and plush, some people have found themselves facing unfortunate flood damage. Have you found yourself in the same boat or are you concerned that you will in the future? We want to make sure you’re informed.
Check out these helpful Frequently Asked Questions About Flood Insurance:
1. Why get flood insurance?
The mortgage lenders may require it for houses that are located in FEMA designated flood areas.
·You will likely receive a reduced premium if you get coverage for home in a low risk flooding area.
2. What may flood insurance cover?
- Attached structures
- Detached garages
- Permanently installed fixtures (shelving, cabinetry, furnace/radiators, plumbing/pipes, kitchen appliances)
- Electrical outlets and circuit breakers
- Utility connections
- Central air conditioning
- Unfinished drywall
3. What does flood insurance not cover?
Damages caused from:
- Sewage or drain back ups
- Sump Pump overflow
- Mold or mildew damage that could have been prevented
Have any other questions? Johnson Insurance Management would like to help. We look forward to hearing from you.